Situated above the rolling hills of Atherton, on the very top of the mountain range in Herberton, Mount St Bernard College provides the best of both worlds – access to Cairns’ facilities including its domestic and international airport and shopping complexes, as well as the tranquillity and quiet rural world of Herberton with its bird song and leafy grey gum trees.
The campus is a blend of beautiful, historic buildings and modern facilities that together provide the physical spaces for the traditions, resources and essential elements of a quality education designed to meet the needs of today’s students.
The new residential facility has been cleverly designed to blend unobtrusively into the environmental surrounds of its peaceful and picturesque location.
These new and refurbished boarding facilities will equip the college to provide a modern and quality environment for 170 boarders, where ‘living and learning’ is integrated and natural.
Updated Library, Science, Teaching and Administration facilities will also enhance the College’s service delivery to families and students. Significant technology upgrades demonstrate the College’s level of commitment to meeting current and future student learning needs.
The stunning blend of heritage buildings and modern facilities reflects both the College’s historical richness and its investment in the future of its students.
Apart from the well-appointed general teaching areas, some of the features of the day campus include:
- An extensive, up-to-date Resource Centre
- IT computer rooms and laboratories
- Interactive whiteboards and overhead projectors
- Fully equipped general Science laboratories (Biology laboratory and Physics laboratory)
- Visual Arts Centre, Technology, Manual Arts (Trade Training Centre) and Home Economics centres
- Large multi-purpose main hall for sports and school assemblies. Main Hall is also utilised for parent community meeting, and serves as an examination centre.
- Sporting facilities including rock climbing wall, tennis courts, basketball courts (indoors and outdoors), hockey field, netball courts (indoors and outdoors), volleyball courts, soccer fields and cricket nets
- A fleet of five buses and three cars to transport students to and from excursions and sport.