An atmosphere of care, an environment in which students feel safe and valued, a sense of belonging and identity, and the development of the whole person is the essence of Pastoral Care and one of Mount St Bernard College’s greatest strengths.
Pastoral Care allows for the integration of the academic, social and spiritual dimensions of the College and is founded on the Gospel values of Love, Care, Faith, Justice, Forgiveness, Peace, Compassion and Hope, so that “they may have life and have it to the full” (John 10:10).
Based on the concepts of community and family, each student at Mount St Bernard College is acknowledged as an individual with particular needs and all are welcomed and cared for within the context of a small community where each member is valued.
Students are encouraged to respect themselves and others and to be sensitive to the rights and needs of fellow students. The College has high expectations for student behaviour and presentation that begin with a willingness towards self discipline and achievement on the part of students. The College’s Mission Statement, Code of Expectations and Behaviour Management Policy form strong foundations for ensuring the rights and responsibilities of students are protected, and a favourable learning environment free from distractions is created.
Counselling and guidance services are an integral part of the Pastoral Care program of the College. Both personal and careers counselling is provided to promote student wellbeing.
‘Respect, Participation and Effort’ are the key values underpinning life at MSB.
Student Wellbeing & Pastoral Care Team
- Dan Niemerg – Assistant Principal Student Wellbeing
- Jenny Rossiter – Middle Leader Pastoral Care Whole School
- Kerri Hobson – College Counsellor firstname.lastname@example.org
- Glen Hussey – Wellbeing Officer email@example.com
- Padaila Mudu – Indigenous Liaison Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brenda Talty – MSB College Transition Officer
- Lorraine Muckan – Residential Pastoral Care Officer
- Stef Henebery – College Nurse email@example.com
- Leisha Tibbs – Health Centre Administration Officer
“I attended three other different schools and to be honest I’ve never been treated with so much love and respect like I do at Mount St Bernard College”(Mount St Bernard College Present Year 11 Student 2016)